Student membership is open to people who:
- Are currently on a Person Centred training course which is recognised by the Association or accredited by BACP and has a Person Centred core model. (If you are a qualified practioner undertaking additional study (eg supervision qualification) you should apply for practitioner membership. Student membership is intended for those studying toward their initial professional qualification.)
- Agree to accept and abide by the BACP Ethical Framework which is the Code of Ethics and Practice adopted by the Association.
- Are individual members of a professional organisation which has an official complaints procedure. These include BACP, COSCA, NCS, BPS, UKCP or AHPP.
- Have paid the annual subscription fee, which is 30% of the Full subscription.
Student members are entitled to the following benefits of membership:
- participation in all PCT Scotland events,
- receipt of all PCT Scotland mailings,
- to attend and vote at Association meetings.
Student members are NOT eligible for inclusion on the PCT Scotland website advertising counsellor availability NOR to be office bearers of the Association.
Student members are expected to move to either Affiliate or Associate membership when they are eligible to do so i.e. after they have obtained their person centred counselling diploma. (Please note, a copy of the diploma will be required to evidence this).