Complaints Procedure and Practice
- All members must abide by the BACP Ethical Framework as well as the Code of Ethics of the professional body of which they are a member.
- Any complaint made concerning the practice of a member will be redirected to the member’s professional body and the counsellor involved will be advised that this has happened.
- The counsellor has the responsibility to inform his or her client of his or her professional body’s complaints procedure.
- The Association will hold up to date copies of the complaints procedures of the relevant professional bodies.
- The Association will inform the complainant of the member’s professional body.
- If the complaint is upheld by the counsellor’s professional body and his or her membership is terminated, his or her membership of the Association will be terminated.
First published on 27 Feb 2012Last updated 27 Feb 2012
By Site AdministratorUnder About